How to enroll for yourself or someone else:
Select your desired class date from the individual class page and add it to your cart. Follow the checkout procedures until your order is confirmed. We recommend using a desktop device for this process. You will receive an order confirmation immediately once your order is placed. An administrator will email you a ‘Welcome’ note approximately 2 to 3 weeks prior to the class start date with any additional scheduling information (if applicable) and instructions. If this is a gift for someone else, please indicate the persons name, telephone number and email address in your final checkout comments, otherwise all communications will be sent to you directly.
What to expect once enrolled:
• We will send you a reminder email closer to the start date of your class with any additional information you may need.
• Please try to check in at least 15 minutes early to get situated before class begins.
• For each visit, make sure to be in the appropriate attire. If you aren’t familiar with our dress code, click here.
• You’ll need a photo ID to show you are 21 or older each time you visit.
• Parking is $5 per car, per visit.
• If this is your first class, ask the Front Desk attendant to direct you toward the classroom.
• Your instructor will provide you with all of the supplies you will need. There’s no need to bring extra cash or any other form of payment for additional magic items. Instructors may suggest that you purchase items on your own for different effects or outcomes, but please do not feel pressured to do so.
• For non-members: Once your class starts, your instructor will give you a student pass. This is what you will use to access the clubhouse for the rest of the semester. You are welcome to attend on Monday and Tuesday nights, as well as Saturday during brunch with one guest. We will waive the door charge for you and one guest each visit. If your class falls on a different night, you can also arrive early and stay late on those nights. If your class is during our brunch hours, you may arrive as early as 10am and stay until we close at 3:30pm. If your sessions end after 3:30pm, the clubhouse will be closed and you will need to depart the clubhouse after class. Visits on Friday nights, Saturday nights, or Sunday nights are not permitted under any circumstance. Reservations are not required during visits.
• Please remember student benefits are a privilege granted by the AMA’s Board of Directors. Exceptions beyond what is detailed above cannot be made, even by management. Be sure to follow all rules of the club and keep attending your classes. Two unexcused absences will result in the revocation of your student pass, so try not to miss too many!
• Shortly after your last class is over, we will send you a survey link to ask for feedback. It will be completely anonymous and will only be seen by administrators. We hope that you will consider this throughout your lessons and give us honest opinions. Magic University can only get better if we know where we can improve!
The Fine Print:
All magic courses must be paid for in full prior to attending. Instructors are not able to accept payment for classes. Each class holds up to 15 students, except for the Performance Workshop, which holds 10 students maximum. There must be at least 10 students for the AMA to carry out any class, regardless of subject matter. Specific classes may be postponed due to holidays, large events, and/or unforeseen circumstances. The AMA reserves the right to reschedule or cancel classes if deemed necessary. In this case, administration will alert students as early as possible. It is the student’s responsibility to be in the classroom at the start of each class. Missed time and classes cannot be made up. Students are required to abide by all clubhouse restrictions and requirements. Students may not attend magician member lectures, issue guest cards, or receive any other member benefit except for those listed above. Other restrictions may apply. The AMA reserves the right to alter class schedules, lesson plans, instructors, privileges, and/or revoke any access benefits at any time. Members who are suspended from the AMA are not eligible to attend Magic University. The Academy of Magical Arts reserves the right to update or alter this information at any time for any reason. All purchases for the Magic University program are subject to these terms. The AMA may also cancel or change any purchase(s) at any time with notice given to the purchaser.
Order Changes & Cancellations
Refunds must be requested no later than two weeks prior to the course start date. Otherwise, no refunds will be issued under any circumstance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes you would like to make to your order. Be sure to include your order number for our reference.
Changes: There is no charge for course date transfers (once per order) as long as you email us at least 14 days prior to the start date of the course you have enrolled in.
Cancellations: The buyer will be issued a full refund if notice is given at least 14 days prior to the start date of the class purchased. Changes and cancellations cannot be made within 14 days of the start date and refunds will not be issued.
Becoming a Member:
Many students choose to become a Magician Member once they feel confident in their abilities. Successfully completing a course or the program does not automatically qualify anyone for membership. To become a Magician Member you must still complete the application process, which requires an audition. However, our Performance Workshop class can provide you with skills to develop your own magic routines and prepare for a successful audition. For membership information, contact Member Services.