1. Membership in the Junior Group is open to anyone seriously interested in magic and is from 13 to 19 years of age. One may apply if 20 years old, but must be able to be a member in the Group for one full year.
2. Potential members must pass a five-minute audition in either stage or close-up magic (applicant's choice). Applicants may not audition in both categories on the same day.
3. Auditions are generally held on the last Saturday in March and the last Saturday in September. Always
check with the Magic Castle to confirm this is still the case. Sponsors of the Group, current Junior Members, and family and friends are all welcome to attend.
4. Applicants should be at the Magic Castle at 1:00 on the day of the auditions. At that time they will complete an application for membership and be assigned a number that determines the order in which they will audition. Stage auditions are always held first and begin promptly at 2:00 in the Palace of Mystery. Close-up tryouts immediately follow in the Parlor of Prestidigitation. Fire may be used
on stage, but is never permitted in any of the other rooms and should be
discussed with the Stage Manager, Bryan Lee, before your audition.
5. The Magic Castle Junior Group is not for beginners in magic, and the Group does not teach magic per se. Applicants should be familiar with magic and magical terms to be eligible for consideration.
6. Within 2 weeks, all applicants will be notified by mail of the results of their audition. There is no limit to the number of times an applicant may audition, and there is no charge to audition.
7. If you have any questions about the Magic Castle Junior Society or about the
auditions that are not anwered here, please feel free to email us.