Magic IV students will delve deeper into the key principles of both close-up and stand-up magic as well as create, perform and be evaluated on an original magic routine. Theoretical discussions will include physical misdirection, verbal misdirection and time misdirection.
This class is designed to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to perform more advanced magic giving students slightly more advanced and complex concepts, as well as principles and effects that require more involved techniques. It will combine instructor presentation, step-by-step explanation, hands-on instruction, group practice sessions and individual performance.
All the props you need to learn and perform in this class will be provided by the Academy of Magical Arts; they include a close-up pad (if you have not taken Magic I), cards, coins, notebook and pen, and other items.
- Identify, Describe & Demonstrate:
- Fundamental slights.
- Key elements of misdirection.
- Key principles of close-up vs. stand-up magic.
- Introduce the student to (some) foundational principles of mentalism.
- Practice basic handling techniques for common magic props.
- Create, Perform & Evaluate an original story line incorporating a magic effect.