Magic II will introduce students to slightly more advanced card and coin effects as well as introduce sponge ball magic. Theoretical discussions will include the key elements of misdirection, overcoming stage fright, and keys to effective audience management.
This class is designed to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to perform intermediate magic giving students slightly more advanced and complex concepts, as well as principles and effects that require more involved techniques. It will combine instructor presentation, step-by-step explanation, hands-on instruction, group practice sessions and individual performance.
Props will be provided by the Academy of Magical Arts and include a close up pad (if you have not taken Magic I), cards, half dollars (2), shot glass, paper napkins, sponge balls, rubber bands, wand, fingers rings, white rope, notebook and pen as well as index cards.
- Identify, Describe & Demonstrate:
- Fundamental slights.
- Key elements of misdirection.
- Identify & Describe key principles of Parlour Magic.
- Practice basic handling techniques for common magic props.
- Create, Perform & Evaluate an original story line incorporating a magic effect.